All of our events & workshops have been designed with parents at heart. As well as empowering content, guests can also enjoy the following workshop inclusions:
Refreshing rosè and summer savouries served on arrival
Opportunity to chat with like-minded workshop attendees during a mid session break that will include delicious bites and a selection of beverages
Sweet treats to end the evening
Welcoming event setting to inspire intimate learning and friendly discussion
Shaping Behaviour & Laying Foundations for the Future
Children’s behaviour can be challenging – from throwing tantrums, refusing to follow instructions and non-stop whinging. Whilst it’s very normal, there’s lots that parents can do to prevent and minimise the behaviour and teach children more effective ways of coping.
Presented by Psychologist and mother of three, Giuliett Moran of Empowering Parents, the workshop aims to educate parents about how to shape positive behaviour and manage poor behaviour when it arises.
Topics on the day will include:
- Understanding how children learn and how behaviour evolves
- What are tantrums and how to manage them
- Factors that maintains poor behaviour
- Sharing responsibility for discipline and the importance of consistency
- Strategies to implement for children of all ages
WHEN: Thursday, 17th October 2019, 7:00pm – 9:00pm
WHERE: 692 Collective – 692 Old Calder Hwy, Keilor VIC 3036
Whether it’s your mother’s group, family and friends or school parents, if you have a group of 12 or more and would like to organise a private workshop, fill in the form below and we will make all of the arrangements for you.
You have the option to chose your own time and date and we will organise a venue in a location that is convenient for you.
Chose from one of the following topics or let us know what your greatest challenges are and we will customise a workshop for you.
- The Do’s & Don’ts of Discipline
- Setting your children up for school success – socially, emotionally & academically
- Blended families – the keys to a smooth transition
- Building children’s emotional intelligence
- Anxiety in children – prevention, early intervention and management strategies
- Open communication – how to have difficult conversations with children
- Academic support – how to support children who are struggling and close the gap between school & home
- Bullying – prevention, education and management strategies
- Technology – A parent’s guide to creating balance and purpose of their child’s safe usage of technology